When faced with the task of booking a dim sum restaurant for a group yum cha session on the weekends, Dragon King is always one of the first choices on my list of places to call. Trouble is, it is more often than not fully booked. And so as a preface to this blog post, if you like the look and sound of Dragon King, go ahead and call to make a booking now. It’s Friday, and you just might be able to get a table for this weekend.
Food quality aside, there are several simple logistical reasons why Dragon King is one of my favorites.
1. It’s conveniently located in the World Trade Center, and if you’re driving there’s always space to park. While Causeway Bay traffic might be a bit of a pain, I feel it’s worth it.
2. They have a huge selection of dim sum choices that appeal to both local and foreign tastes.
3. Their menu is very concise, even listing the number of pieces in each serving. When ordering for a large group of people, it’s very helpful.
4. Whilst I’ve read in other blogs that service is dire here, I have always found service to be very friendly and efficient.
5. Try to book a table by the window. It’s got a great view of the harbour and the yachts moored out front, great for if you are entertaining out of town guests.